Carlos Manuel Duclos-Vergara
Experienced software engineer with more than 20 years of experience. Confluent Certified Developer for Apache Kafka.
Developing Performant Data Streaming Applications Using Kafka
In this workshop we will look deeper into the architecture of Kafka in order to understand how we can get the best performance. During the course of this workshop we will build some applications in order to highlight the different performance outcomes based on the way we design the application.
Deep dive into Kafka
- Get to know the different components of a Kafka system
- Become familiar with the terminology
Basic production and consumption
- Create a basic producer
- Create a basic consumer
A deeper look at record production
- Multithreaded production
- Producing custom datatypes
- Understanding the different production delivery guarantees and their performance implications
Keeping things in balance
- Understanding record consumption
- Offset management
- Collaborative consumption, understanding consumer groups
Developers, Technical Product Managers, QA and other technical roles that are already using or are planning to use Kafka in a new project. The audience should be familiar with the terminology in Kafka, but not experts. The aim of this workshop is to lift the knowledge of people that are interested in Kafka to the next level.
Предварительные условия курса
- Working JDK 11 installation
- Working Docker installation