WSO2, Sri Lanka
October 8, 2019
Sriskandarajah Suhothayan (Suho) is a Senior Director at WSO2, focuses on the Real-time and Big data technologies. In addition to his product development efforts, he provides technology consulting and architecture reviews on customer engagements and teaches Big Data as a visiting lecturer at the Robert Gordon University and the University of Westminster. He drives the design and development of Siddhi – A Developer Centric Cloud-Native Stream Processing System, and works on building analytics solutions for areas such as Transportation, Fraud detection, API Management, Identity, and IoT. He also has also published several papers & articles on real-time streaming & complex event processing systems.
Building Cloud-native Event Driven Applications
There is an emerging need for efficiently building event-driven applications in the current microservices era, but the traditional message processing systems are falling behind as they are inflexible in adapting to the cloud. In this session, I will present Siddhi, which is a 100% open source stream processing system that provides an efficient way of implementing event-driven cloud-native applications that can run natively on Kubernetes, and integrate to various systems such as NATS, Kafka, email, and MongoDB. I will also do a hands-on session to showcase how you can build streaming data integration, streaming analytics, and machine learning based adaptive intelligence applications efficiently within minutes.
- Introduction to Cloud-native Event-Driven Applications.
- Introduction on Event Streams Processing.
- Hands-on session in building Event-Driven Applications using Siddhi.
- Hands-on session on deploying and the Apps in a highly available and scalable manner on Kubernetes.
- Monitoring and managing the events driven applications.
- Implementing and deploying commonly used streaming data integration, streaming analytics, and machine learning based adaptive intelligence applications.
The user to have the following outcome from this session:
- Have in-depth knowledge of the use cases for which event-driven applications will be best suited.
- Have a good knowledge about the architectures of event-driven and stateful stream processing applications.
- Have a deep understanding of using Siddhi to build, execute, scale and monitor such application.
- Application programmers
- Latest Chrome Browser
- Latest Docker
- Kubernetes (Docker for Mac, Docker for Windows, Minikube, or Google Kubernetes Engine(GKE) Cluster)