Where is the venue?
Conference is going to take place at Digital October at Red October (Bersenevskaya embankment, 6-3, Moscow). Digital October – is a contemporary loft and a co-working space, which is located at the 4th floor of a historical building with one of the best views of Moscow’s panorama. The venue ensures comfort and coziness with an original design, highly technically equipped offices and meeting rooms, ergonomic furniture and modern interior.
How do I reach the venue?
Digital October is located on a territory of a former factory Red October on Bersenevskaya embankment of Moscow-river. Closest metro station – Kropotkinskaya, which is 15 minutes away from the venue, on the other bank. To reach the venue from the Kropotkinskaya metro station, you have to cross the road and walk by the Cathedral of Christ the Savior to the pedestrian bridge. Once you cross the bridge, you have to go right in the direction of the Statue of Peter the Great via Bersenevskaya embankment.
Walk down the Berseneskaya embankment until you reach the building №6 and see an entrance to the courtyard. You should be able to spot the entrance by the memorial for the fallen during The Great Patriotic War on the right side of the building.
The venue can be reached through two entrances. On the right side of the entrance to the courtyard, there is the entrance to the strairway and an elevator. You will have to reach 4th floor. This is the back entrance to the venue.
To reach the main entrance, you have to walk into the coutryard, you will see a restaurant “Syrovarnya” (Сыроварня) on the left, and main entrance to the venue will be on the right. As soon as you enter through the given entrance, you will see two signs – one to the elevator, another one to the stairway to the conference.
What is the programme of the conference Big Data Days 2019?
The whole event lasts 3 days. 8th of October is the day of workshops, 9th and 10th of October – days of conference. Registration of participants opens at 9AM each day, and works throughout the day. Official opening of the conference is at 10AM, and each day of the event ends at 6PM.
Workshops are designed to last the whole day (10AM-6PM). When you are buying tickets to workshops, you have to choose which workshop you want to attend, as you cannot move from one workshop to another. If you do not know which workshop to choose, you can always come back to it later, yet please note that each workshop has a limit of participants and if you choose to register to workshops later, the desired workshop might not have any tickets left as tickets are sold on first-come – first-served basis.
Conference is made from three parallel streams of 45-minute talks (one of them with simultaneous translation from Russian to English and from English to Russian). You can always switch from one stream to another, as the programme is designed to have talks begin and end at the same time. There are coffee and lunch breaks (price of which is included into the ticket) planned, as well as lotteries and quizzes with great prizes.
During the conference, you can also talk with speakers and colleagues in special “Ask Me Corner” which is designed for informal communication throughout the event.
When is agenda going to be published?
We are very careful with our selection of talks and speakers, therefore the complete agenda will be published in first days of September.
In what language the conference is going to be held?
There will be simultaneous translation for all talks in the main hall. Headphones for translations are given only with your personal document (passport/ID) left as a deposit. Agenda is constructed keeping in mind the multinational audience; therefore, if you do not know Russian, you can always choose an English course that is happening simultaneously in another hall.
Can I take pictures and film talks?
You are free to take pictures of the talks. However, filming talks is not allowed, as conference is being broadcasted live and is filmed for the archive.
What is necessary to bring to the conference?
For the conference:
- Good mood;
- Tickets (printed or on a device). Each ticket has a QR code that is necessary for scanning at the entrance.
- Passport/ID for translation headset.
For the workshop:
- Ticket (printed or on a device). Each ticket has a QR code that is necessary for scanning at the entrance.
- Notebook is necessary, as workshops provide hands-on sessions that are held on personal computers. We will make sure that there will be enough of sockets and Wi-Fi is accessible for everyone.
Can I leave my luggage at the conference?
If you have a bag or a small suitcase with you, you can leave it at the reception for a day – until the last session. To leave your luggage at the reception, talk to the volunteers.
I want to participate in the conference free of charge. What do I need to do?
There are two ways to participate in the conference free of charge – you can become a speaker or a volunteer.
We publish a call for volunteers before each conference, and carefully pick reliable people, who help throughout the event. In order to become a volunteer, please send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with a subject “I want to volunteer”.
In order to participate as a speaker, you have to fill in a Call for Papers form. If a programme committee approves your talk, we will get in touch with you and send you further instructions.
When is CFP application deadline?
We accept applications until 30th of August. We also want to note that programme committee reviews and approves applications as soon as they are received, the answer whether your talk is accepted will be sent out within 2 weeks from the day of application. Due to that, the closer to the conference it gets, the less slots for talks are left.
Our company wants to present a product/theme at the conference. What should we do?
Commercial talks are possible only under buying a sponsorship package. More information can be found here – https://bigdatadays.ru/en/become-a-sponsor/
Are we going to receive presentations of the talks?
Presentation of the talks will be in public domain on our website within 3 weeks after the event.
Will I be able to watch and listen to the talks that I could not see during the event?
Yes, access to the event’s archive will be open to all the participants within three weeks after event.
People who didn’t participate in the conference and would like to watch the presentations, will be able to buy the archive separately.
How can I talk to the speakers?
For informal conversations, we have arranged “Ask Me Corner”, where all speakers gather after their presentations, and participants are free to ask them anything and everything they want. In this corner, you are free to talk to each other and speakers throughout the conference. There are no limitations for conversations held outside the scope of the conference.
What does the cost of the ticket depend on?
The cost of the ticket depends on the date of purchase. Depending on the period, costs might vary from 300€ to 490€, therefore it is important that you keep the note of the date. The closer to the conference it is – the higher the cost, hence it is cheaper to buy tickets early.
The periods for ticket costs are Blind Bird, Early Bird, Standard and Last minute, which apply to physical participation and online tickets.
- Blind Bird – a period when programme committee has approved first speakers only, and tickets are the most lucrative – you can save up to 200€;
- Early Bird – a period when programme is settled with 80% of the talks, and this period ensures that you save up to 150€ with ticket purchase;
- Standard – a period when the programme is fully completed and all speakers are approved;
- Last Minute – a period for those who want to purchase additional tickets or found the conference late. Yet, at this point, there might be no tickets left for the conference.
Which tickets to buy?
You can buy seven types of tickets to the event:
- Full Pass – the most lucrative option, it is a combined ticket for all three days (2 days of conference + workshop). Buying the ticket you save up to 200€.
- Conference (2 days) – a ticket to two days of conference. If you buy this option, you can participate in both days of conference (excluding day of workshops) and you can save up to 100€.
- Conference (1 day) – one day ticket to the conference. Buying this ticket, you can choose which day you want to visit.
- Workshop – ticket to one of the workshops, which are taking place a day before the conference.
- Personal live streaming – this ticket is made to support freelancers and IT professionals. If you buy this ticket, you will receive a password to the online platform where all of conference streams will be broadcasted through the two days. You can connect to the platform with one device only with the given password. You can choose which streams to listen to on the platform.
- Corporate live streaming (1 connection) – if you buy this ticket, you will receive a password to the online platform where all of conference streams will be broadcasted through the two days. You can connect to the platform with one device only with the given password. You can choose which streams to listen to on the platform.
- Corporate live streaming (10 connections) – If you buy this ticket, you will receive a password to the online platform where all of conference streams will be broadcasted through the two days. You can connect to the platform with up to ten devices with the given password. You can choose which streams to listen to on the platform with each device.
Do ticket prices include VAT?
Ticket prices are given with VAT included.
How do I pay for the tickets?
Tickets can be paid by a regular bank transfer. Once you fill in the form for ticket purchase, as soon as we receive your filled form, we will send you further details on how to pay for your purchase.
When will we receive tickets?
Tickets are sent within three workdays after we receive the payment. Tickets are sent only to the email of the contact person in the filled form, and each email of the participant is added as a copy receiver in the said email.